You may think that “V” is for the fifth After Dark (okay, sure it is) but even more it is a V for Victory thanks to the support of the creative folks who have made this event successful over the past few years.
Thanks to the interest and response to our last After Dark event, we are putting out a call for entries for our next show on Thursday, April 12, 7-10 pm
Right now we are looking for artists interested in participating in showing and selling their art. We will be accepting applications with work samples until March 9.
The deadline is earlier this year because past participants have had the idea of displaying work in area businesses in advance of the show. If you are interested in having your work displayed publicly in advance of the show, please indicate this on your application. Upon acceptance of work for the After Hours event, a $20 per table fee will be due by April 6
If you know of a business that would like to display work, please have them complete the form on this page or contact Joe Patti at 740-351-3621
Your willingness to submit work for public placement has no influence on acceptance for the After Dark Art Show
How Public Placement Will Work
- Submit your application and pictures of work samples by March 9. Indicate on the application which image represents the work you would like displayed, its dimensions and how it should be displayed. (hung, on a pedestal/table, does it require heavy duty hardware due to its weight.)
- We will provide the submitted information to the business so that they can decide if it is appropriate for their space and clientele.
- In the meantime, we will ask you to bring the work you want displayed to the Vern Riffe Center by March 16. Because we won’t have control over how and where the works are displayed, we encourage people to submit copies, prints or pieces of lower value that you don’t strongly value or have an attachment to.
- Week of March 19, we will distribute works to the participating businesses. After that we will call attention to the placements on social media so people can check them out.
- April 9-11, we will retrieve the works so you can sell them on April 12
Thanks to our friends at the Creative Cult for their help in promoting this event. (Image: Clockwork insect by Sarah Minter)