The Vern Riffe Center of the Arts at Shawnee State University has rescheduled events in March to reduce the risk of transmission of the coronavirus COVID-19. The Center is responding to the Governor’s state of emergency declaration and executive order from the state of Ohio to all public agencies and universities to curtail all large group indoor events, in an abundance of caution.
Some events are in the process of being rescheduled at later dates. Schedule changes include:
- Junie B. Jones – Portsmouth Area Arts Council and Children’s Theater – originally March 13-15; rescheduled April 28 and 29. Ticket refunds and exchanges are available for the new dates and school shows will be rescheduled.
- Finding Neverland – originally March 17; cancelled with a rescheduled date if possible.
- Books Build Bridges Special Lecture – community collaboration on reading awareness – rescheduled if possible.
- Q4 Guitar Ensemble – originally scheduled March 20; cancelled with a rescheduled date if possible.
- Million Dollar Reunion – originally scheduled March 21; cancelled with a rescheduled date if possible.
- Mary Poppins – original movie showing – originally scheduled March 24; cancelled.
For more information regarding ticket exchanges or refunds please call the McKinley Box Office, (740) 351 – 3600.